Monday, August 29, 2011

Love a Resource Full of Resources!

I absolutely love a well-organized, user-friendly, visually appealing resource that shares links to new web tools and applications!  I found a gem.  eduTecher (no, that's not a typo).  Isn't it lovely?!  So clean and approachable.


Using this search criteria sidebar, you can narrow down your search by grade or subject if you're looking for something in particular.  Also, as you click, the results are modified instantly.  Each item has a detailed description, as well as options to share or comment.

 

I could honestly spend hours looking through these tools.  In fact, I found some great ones already that I can't wait to share with my students.


Ahead. is the new Prezi.  Not sure if it's as user-friendly, but neither was Prezi at first.  Ahead. is still in beta.  Might be a little much for middle school, but looks worthwhile.


Animaps is a user-friendly web-based program that allows you to make animated maps.  I love this for my 7th graders.  Much easier for them to create than Google Earth tours and they are more animated.


I've heard of CNN Student News, but stumbling upon it on eduTecher made me remember how great it is!  As a social studies teacher, with a curriculum that focuses on current events, this has great resources.  The news stories are appropriate for my middle schoolers, videos are accompanied by transcripts, and there are discussion questions and quizzes.  I think I will be using this much more in the coming school year.

Take some time to explore eduTecher.  Even if you don't find anything new, it may remind you of some useful tools that have been bookmarked and put on the back burner for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment